You can’t take it with you – but you can send it on ahead.
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn is a book that highlights the life changing advice given by Jesus in Matthew chapter 6. He tells us to lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven, where they await us and will last forever! There are many ways we can put God’s wealth to good use here on earth in ways that will make an everlasting impact and give our money a mission. Below are 6 key points to remember from this book:
1. God owns everything. I’m His money manager.
We are the managers of the assets God has entrusted (not given) to us
2. My heart always goes where I put God’s money.
Watch what happens when you reallocate your money from temporal things to eternal things.
3. Heaven, not earth, is my home.
We are citizens of “a better country – a heavenly one” (Hebrews 11:16)
4. I should not live for the dot, but for the line.
From the dot (our present life on earth) extends a line that goes on forever, which is eternity in Heaven
5. Giving is the only antidote to materialism.
Giving is a joyful surrender to a greater person and a greater agenda. It dethrones me and exalts Him.
6. God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.
God gives us more money than we need so we can give generously.
Purchase The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn here
Notes & Citations
- Original Blog written by Eternal Perspectives Ministries with Randy Alcorn.
- Content derived from The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn.
- Life Financial Group & Life Institute do not own the material presented above.
- Life Financial Group & Life Institute are not partnered with Randy Alcorn and do not receive any financial benefits for promoting this book.